I acquired the valsjewels domain name many, many years ago when I was direct selling lia sophia jewelry, hence the jewels.
- At first I purchased valsjewels.net (did not have a clue what to do with it, subsequently it expired, I wasted about $200).
In 2007 I was laid-off from my corporate Network Engineer job and got the bright idea to design & sew Christmas Stockings, sell them on Amazon and supplement my out-of-a-job status. Mind you this is late in my life, so I took early retirement hoping to make ends meet while unemployed.
- I went back to Go Daddy and purchased valsjewels.biz and set up a DBA under valsjewels (I’m still direct selling for lia sophia jewelry and thought the “jewels” part could work for both products).
Fast forward a bit and skip all the “hardships” in between 2007-2010 I learned from my Amazon Webstore and selling on Amazon.com everything anybody would ever need to know about Web-Templates, DNS, Meta, Tags, Widgets, Script, Head, Body, HTML, WYSIWYG, etc..
- I purchased valsjewels.com and setup my own website with Just Host as my Hosting Service.
- I discontinued my Amazon Webstore and parked my .biz domain name with Google AdSense.
- I am my own webmaster.
My jewels have since become everything I do
- selling other people’s stuff on eBay/Craigslist/valsjewels.com for a commission (their stuff is my jewels)
- selling my jewelry left over from my direct selling days
- selling my handmade products and other’s handmade
- selling Amazon’s products
- selling myself – the jewels being my technology know-how and keeping up with lightning-speed changes, logic, determination and creativity to consult, coach and master the Internet for the online shopper and website owner (established or wanna-be)
- Partnered with sosSimpleOfficeSolutions 2011